Monday, March 28, 2022

Paperweights

I cherish my Mom's paperweight collection.  She left it to me when she died.  I have always loved the colors and swirls and images in glass.  She had twice as many as you see here but I only kept the ones that I really like - gave the rest to friends and family as a memory from my Mom. 



At one time we sat down with each one and cataloged them.  Where they were purchased, how much they cost, when they were purchased and the occasion, if there was one. She never needed an occasion to purchase a paperweight. 

The most expensive was about $500 and the least expensive about $30 - averaging around $100 for most. We loved the fact that she loved paperweights because it finally gave my brother and I something we could buy her for holidays and birthdays, that we knew she wanted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment